No Feeling Lasts Forever (Introducing Emotions)
"When we learn to use words to talk about emotions, having big feelings is less frustrating, because we can say what happened and ask for what we need."
"No Feeling Lasts Forever" is a foundational book for emotional literacy, helping kids to recognize emotions in themselves and in other people.
This book covers:
- Emotions happen all day, every day, and some feel better than others;
- The concept of high energy and low energy emotions;
- Sometimes we feel emotions because we need something (like a snack or a nap);
- Feeling faces;
- Reading facial expressions and body language;
- and the value of talking about our feelings.
Meet Mia and Stuart
With her messy pigtails and sunny personality, Mia brings a bit of fun to books about hard topics. Explaining life's toughest stuff to her toy giraffe Stuart, Mia is the star of the What About Me? book series, where she's able to help kids feel safe by explaining exactly what they can expect when faced with big changes.
About the Author
Sara Olsher is the founder of Mighty + Bright, which helps families through hard things like divorce, cancer, and other major changes using visual magnetic calendars. Based on decades of research about emotional intelligence and how to talk to kids so they actually learn, Mighty + Bright's calendars have helped hundreds of families through some of the hardest times in their lives.